Friday, July 18, 2008

*not* crazy

Tuesday I got home from work and my porch light was off. Kinda weird, cause I was sure I left it on.

Then I get in and I notice my laundry detergent was sitting in the middle of the hallway. I was pretty sure I didn't leave it there.

I checked out every nook and cranny in my apartment to make sure there wasn't some laundry washing breakin weirdo hiding in a closet. Nothing. I blow it off, and think I just forgot.

Later on, I went to give E a bath. The tub was mysteriously dirty. I thought maaaaybe the drain had backed up somehow. I convinced myself that was it, cleaned the tub and gave Miss E her annual bath (kidding!). It was either that or go back to some weirdo doing dirty things in my apartment (I really did have a paranoia about a weirdo hiding in my attic when I moved in, lol). The possibility that maintenance had come in didn't really occur since there wasn't a note on my door.

Fast forward to today. I get home, and there's a shop vac on my porch and keys in my door. I opened the door really quickly and yelled hello. Maintenance was there. Apparently my AC has been dripping and saturated the ceiling of the apartment below me. The noticed this on Wednesday, apparently (though I'm sure it was Tuesday), but no one bothered to tell me. They asked me not to run my AC until they fixed it. I must have given them a really nasty look, because he quickly changed his mind. I mentioned that I noticed someone had been in my apartment and there was no note.

There was apparently a bucket hanging out under my AC thingy that has been there (to catch said drips) for God knows how long and it overflowed. They must have emptied the friggen thing into E's bathtub, on top of her toys nonetheless, and then not even rinsed it out. Not only that, they had some kind of broken plastic pieces and shards all over the carpet in the main walkway, and a nice big knife sitting on the carpet. They left it there for about 10 minutes, and probably would have left it longer had I not asked them to pick up the sharp things so my freaking toddler wouldn't get hurt. I'm pretty anti-conflict, but it was really freaking hard not to bitch them out for A.) the sharp things and B.) the lack of the note that caused my mini paranoia.

They are coming back tomorrow, or possibly Monday, to replace the whatever it is that's leaking.


Have I mentioned I'm moving in September? I can't friggen wait.

No comments: