Saturday, June 14, 2008

Miss E- 2, Mom- 0

I have tried to take Miss E with me to Kohl's twice this week. I'm looking for a new top and/or pants.

The first time she screamed until I let her out of the cart, and was fine- as long as I let her run around as much as she wanted, anywhere she wanted. I picked up possibly the ugliest purse ever off the clearance rack. She loves purses. Then I attempt to lead her to the shoes.
Commence tantrum. Purses are thrown. We leave, minus ugly purse. Score 1 for baby.

The second time she wanted to push the cart. She couldn't reach the handles. Commence tantrum. We ditched the cart and went to visit the purse section. We found the *same* ugly purse. E threw it over her arm and made a run for it. After 3 laps around the store, I convinced her to head to the shoe dept with me. There we found some sparkly toddler slip ons, 3 sizes too large. She falls in love with them and won't budge until they are on her feet. They are of course, attached to each other by a short, short plastic cord. She got them on her feet but couldn't walk more than a foot. Commence tantrum. I found some Dora light up sneakers (in her size) and try them on her. By then she was screaming, splayed out in the middle of the aisle. I take em off and throw em in the box. She picked up "her" sparkly shoes and the dora shoe box, plus the ugly purse and made a run for it. I steered her through the girl's section, where she picked up a training bra, to the adult clothing section and got a 30 second tour before she'd had enough. She lost the ugly purse and training bra somewhere in the swimwear. Fearing retribution (and a bigger headache), I bought both pairs of shoes and we got the hell out of there.

This is why baby leashes and bribery with candy were invented. Remind me to be prepared next time.

No comments: